i went to my great aunts funeral today, which was interesting and sad because i found out so much about her.
- she got the first face lift ever in new zealand
- she had a “glass act” (pictured above) where she would wash her face and body in broken glass and not get slightly scratched. when members of the audience tried, they were grievously injured.
- she once hypnotized 500 people for fun and then asked them to go and stand on a highway, so that cars couldn’t pass. she got in a lot of trouble because the crowd got so large that there was a national traffic crisis.
- her act included hypnotizing people into walking to work in their underwear, with their consent of course, and one of the men who had actually done it came to the funeral.
at her funeral all these people who had been in her act showed up and talked about how great she was, how she was gifted and crazy and i suppose i’m sad and happy about it.
you’re not a true fan of that band unless:
- you like a few of their songs
- that’s it
- that’s all you have to do
- you don’t have to know the name of their family pets
- or whether or not the lead singer can eat an entire banana
- just like them
It’s sad from this poster, we know exactly what happened.
this makes me so angry
Whenever I hear people defending rapists by making excuses such as 'they lead them on' or 'did you see what they were wearing' I casually interrupt them and ask if 'my six-year-old-self was asking for it by simply wearing a uniform to school?'.
IT. SHUTS. THEM. UP. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
2014 was one of those years that started out like “THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!” and its halfway through and we have a war going on, a deadly disease has been spread, countless shootings have happened, racism is alive, more people have been leaving living things inside of hot cars, and robin williams is fucking dead
A few of these have been making the rounds on tumblr, but I haven’t seen one that says this yet:
- You don’t have to come out
- You don’t have to feel pressured to come out
- Being in the closet is not shameful
- It’s about protecting yourself
- If coming out will make you exposed to discrimination, rejection, harassment or violence, you are perfectly justified in staying closeted
- If coming out day makes you feel like being closeted makes you a lesser person, don’t
- It’s about survival and self-preservation
- And you are awesome and fabulous no matter how few or how many people in your life know about your identity
you’ve gotta be fucking kidding me.
After #ReportSamPepper got his first groping video taken down, now he’s uploaded another one??? whaT THE FUCK????
this guy doesn’t learn a fucking lesson, he’s STILL trying to profit from sexual assault. he’s molesting people for profit. EVEN AFTER HIS FIRST VIDEO WAS TAKEN DOWN
I’M FUCKIN LIVID. REPORT THE SHIT OUT OF THIS
HE IS ABSOLUTELY SHITTY AS FUCK OMG
I HIGHLY SUSPECT that this is an attempt to spew some sort of “if a girl did this no one would say anything” bullshit. Don’t let this guy create a double standard out of this and give people more ammo for abuse and disrespect, report this shit.
It features a strong female friendship. One of the more ill-conceived plot lines of the first two seasons was the love triangle between Korra, Mako, and Asami. But just because Korra and Asami were into the same guy, that didn’t mean they resented one another. In fact, the two ended up bonding over their shared romantic history and by Season Three, they became a power pair. And their talents perfectly complement one another: Korra represents the traditional world of spiritualism and bending while Asami represents the technological future.
So it’s fun to watch them fight and solve problems together. But beyond that, it’s satisfying to watch these two very different women support one another, teach one another, and laugh together, forming a stronger bond than either had with their shared ex-boyfriend.”
Peter Quill actually only had trouble holding the infinity stone because he’s half Terran.
A fully human Terran would have done much better.
I mean, Jane Foster had the aether inside of her in Thor 2, and that seemed pretty potent (and potentially could have been another infinity stone, besides).
In fact, considering all of the mutants and badassery and whatnot that abounds in the Marvel universe, and the heavy-hitters Terrans can produce with just a little genetic tweaking or gamma radiation, it’s possible that Asgard took to ‘safeguarding’ Midgard in the first place because Odin figured out that the natives are scary as balls.
Maybe during the war with the frost giants, certain humans started manifesting strange/special abilities to deal with the threat, and Asgard’s scientists/wizards/etc figured out that the poor puny Midgardians were like a sleeping monster, and the aggression of the frost giants was ‘waking them up’.
So Odin stepped in to stop them and to try and keep people from interfering with Midgard as much as possible, so the monster would stay sleeping.
Which is actually part of why he is so very pissed off at Loki for the events of Avengers, and at Thor for bringing Jane to Asgard - it’s a very, very tight secret that Midgard is a powder keg full of potential super-warriors, and Odin does not want that getting out, and he does not want them getting out. If Earth can stay as a nice, quiet, backwater planet with very little contact with the larger universe, that’s safer for everyone involved.